If 2016 was a busy year for your ecommerce business, why not start 2017 off on the right foot with an ecommerce integration solution that will streamline business processes and make your life easier moving forward?
What is ecommerce integration?
Ecommerce integration, simply put, is the careful process of connecting your ecommerce store with your accounting/ERP system.
A successful ecommerce integration solution will allow the integrated platforms to speak to each other effectively and eliminate the need for manual data entry between the two (or more) systems that you integrate.
Why is ecommerce integration important for your business?
Without integration, you’re putting your ecommerce business at risk of the following:
- A backlog of orders that results in customers waiting for lengthy periods of time before receiving their purchases
- Errors being made as a result of human error during the manual data entry process
- Inaccurate inventory level records that do not reflect the stock you have available
- High costs associated with hiring employees to keep up with high order volumes and manual data entry
However, with an ecommerce integration solution in place, you will:
- Liberate resources to focus on other high priority areas of your business
- Eliminate the need for manual data entry and reduce the likelihood of costly errors
- Enjoy a fully automated, bi-directional, form of data exchange that will be fully managed on your behalf without the need for human intervention/hired data entry employees
- Sync orders, inventory levels, product details, customer information, shipping and tracking numbers, etc., in real-time, so that your business runs more efficiently
- Keep your customers happy thanks to the speed in which they will receive their orders
How do you get started with an ecommerce integration solution?
Here are the steps we recommend when planning your ecommerce integration project:
- Start by identifying the specific challenges your business is facing that need to be resolved.
- Determine which data “touch points” you want integrated. These may include:
- Inbound sales orders
- Outbound purchase orders
- Shipment updates
- Inventory updates
- Get your data ready for integration in order to reduce the amount of customizations needed and reduce your overall costs of integration
- Select an integration solution provider that makes sense for the unique needs of your business. We recommend selecting a provider with a universal integration platform* so that you can upgrade or change business systems easily in the future with an integration solution that will easily adapt along with your business.
*A universal integration platform is one that supports virtually any ecommerce platform or online marketplace (i.e. Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce, Volusion, Amazon, eBay, Miva, 3dcart, etc.) or accounting/ERP system (i.e. products by MS Dynamics, Sage, NetSuite, Epicor, Intuit, and more).
This guest post was written by Lauren Macdonald, Marketing Coordinator at eBridge Connections
About eBridge Connections
eBridge Connections delivers powerful, cloud-based ERP and accounting integration solutions that automate vital business processes and eliminate the need for manual data entry. The eBridge universal integration platform supports over 40 ERP and accounting systems including products from Microsoft, Sage, SAP, NetSuite, and Epicor. With connections to the leading eCommerce and CRM applications, plus hundreds of EDI trading partners, eBridge Connections has become the integration platform of choice for businesses worldwide.